Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The You's, the Us' and the Them's

In all of human history, at some point in a person's life, we have all felt like a third party.  This rather abnormal feeling is quite to the contrary, very normal and common.  In life there are always polar opposites.  A ying for a yang if you will.  Good versus evil.  Then there is the grey area.  The undefined, lacking a true label in the sense of the word.  All of life's little in between's and in this area is where we often look to find ourselves.  The You's, the Us', and the Them's.  

At any time in our life we can be any one of these.  It all depends on the circumstance and how it serves our purpose, perhaps even our perception for the moment.  These can come in any age, gender, religion, color, agenda, you name it and you can find it.  Of course I have repeated this idea repeatedly but only to show you that we are all human.  Whatever that means!  

I guess I will take it from there.  "We were created in God's image. Both male and female."  Ok but in my humble opinion that shows division.  Yes, I understand that the union of male and female are supposed to create ONE.  That is the WHOLE idea isn't it?  So they say you cannot make a whole of two halves, ie: Homosexuality.  Hmm so that has me wondering.  Of course it does because after all that is exactly where I am going with this.  

So there are the You's, the Us', and the Them's.  If you are wondering just what I mean I am once again referring to the grey area.  There are the Heterosexuals, the Homosexuals and all those in between.  But wait it gets even better because then you throw in "agenda" for a lack of a better word.  Let's narrow it down a little more.  How about Christian's, LGBT's and the one's in between?  Who are the in between's you are wondering?  They are the Christian LGBT's.  Yep, you guessed it.  The people proverbially stuck at a crossroads.  To be or not to be, that is indeed the question at hand!  

Interestingly enough this nonconformist group is caught in the middle.  Struggling with both, religion and/ or their relationship with their Maker and being who they have always identified as.  Thus not very easily embraced by the other two groups.  The LGBT group simply feels these people are not being honest with who they "Are."  Even more interesting is that tolerance for these such people isn't even usually there.  I have to wonder why that is?  

As for Christians, well they are more than willing to be accepting if you are doing the "RIGHT" thing.  You can come and sit in their pews any day of the weak by that standard.  But fall from grace and you will be chastised for not "choosing life!"  Really?  Wow!  The goal, in a heterosexual Christian's opinion, should be heterosexuality.  That makes perfect sense doesn't it?  Sure for someone who has never been gay and sees it as sin!  I've even heard tolerance by such a group defined as, "Knowing when something is wrong but not having the willingness to do anything about it." 

Right about now I could go off on a tangent but I am trying to keep some order to this.  

The in betweener's range from PFLAG folk to Exodus Ex-gay ministries.  I am sure some of which also wouldn't like the idea of me clumping them together in the same category.  Nonetheless I am doing so.  After all, where's the tolerance people?  As for me, I am sticking with the classic definition of the word.  (See below)  These are the people with the constant nagging question and those who support them.  Which way do we go George?

Enough said for now but I think you get my drift.  I will blog more later.  This is just the beginning.  I promise!   

No comments:

Post a Comment